Whether you’re after something to wear for your best mates birthday or just in need of some go-to clubbing outfits, finding the perfect night out style can be a drag. No need to stress, check out our ultimate men’s night out fashion guide and you’ll be nailing the latest trends wherever you end up.
Men: What to wear on a night out:
- The pub: Go casual in a bomber jacket, turned up jeans, a plain tee and your favourite trainers.
- Date night: Pair an edgy leather jacket with a waffle knit and boots. Choose between skinny fit chinos and slim fit jeans.
- Family dinner: Black skinnies and a long sleeved crew neck jumper. Pair this look with a bomber jacket and some Chelsea boots.
- Raves and festivals: Depending on the weather, choose a sporty long sleeve or short sleeved top. Go for athletic shorts, a baseball cap and trainers.
- High-end club night: Try a more formal style with chinos, a fitted shirt and dressy brogues.
- Casual club: A block coloured polo top, straight leg jeans and either trainers or boots.
Men’s night out fashion:
- Skinny fit chinos are essential for dressy nights out.
- Keep the cold at bay with a ribbed knitted jumper.
- Athleisure is still in, but don’t go too casual unless you’re heading out to the pub.
- Contrasting colours is key. Opt for a light coloured top and black jeans if you’re stuck for ideas.
- Leather jackets add some edge to any outfit.
- Always have a collection of fitted shirts and ankle boots to turn to.
Night out outfits for men:
Take some inspo from some of our fave night out looks. From student nights out to dinner with the fam, we’ve got a go-to outfit for every occasion:
Heading to a more high-end club? Go for the dapper gentleman vibe and you’ll be turning heads when you walk in. Show off those gym gains with a fitted white shirt and black chinos to pull off the polished look in style. Don’t stick out like a sore thumb in trainers, get yourself a pair of smart brogues or risk being booted out by the bouncers.
Whether you’re heading to a student night or celebrating your mate’s birthday, we have the perfect outfit so you can turn up in style. Block-coloured polos are the perfect solution to that awkward ‘smart casual’ dress code, especially when paired with some slim fit jeans. Chuck on some trainers if you can get away with it, otherwise pick up some trusty ankle boots.
Consider bringing a jumper to put in the club’s cloakroom so you don’t feel the cold while attempting to flag down a taxi. Better safe than frozen, right?
Pub with the pals:
Relax and watch the game with your pals in this ultra chill outfit. Get some downtime while staying dapper in a bomber jacket and jeans combo. Bomber jackets are super on trend, adding instant swag to any look. Go for a plain fitted tee and roll up your jeans for some extra edge.
You don’t have to worry about footwear when heading to the pub with the lads. Go with some fresh white creps for the laid-back look, otherwise, slip on some lace-up boots.
Dress to impress when heading out on a date with this ensemble. A leather jacket gives you that bad boy vibe, guaranteed to get that second date in the bag. If you’re heading to a fancy restaurant or bar, it’s worth wearing a pair of chinos for a dapper look. Taking your date somewhere casual? Go low key with a pair of jeans, for the ultimate cool and casual vibe.
Keep the cold out and look good doing it with a ribbed waffle knit jumper and tie the whole outfit together with some lace-up boots.
Crew jumpers are perfect when going out for dinner with the fam. Not only are they easy to style, but they’re also incredibly comfy so you don’t have to worry about feeling stuffy. Pick up a crew jumper in black, white or burgundy and go for some black skinnies for the ultimate dinner outfit. Don’t forget to pick up a leather jacket or a more casual bomber if it’s a tad chilly outside.
Your mum is sure to give this outfit the stamp of approval, especially when paired with some smart Chelsea boots.